Well that thought was quickly replaced with, “oh god I’m way too damn high!”
What started as a fun night turned into me on the floor in a tornado of despair. Not knowing what to do I called my sister (with whom I later opened a restaurant and a bakery). She laughed at me and told me to stop thinking I was going to die, and I just had to ride it out, and not be so stupid. Even though my first attempt was a disaster, the idea of changing my high by eating it and not smoking it was so interesting to me that I figured I would keep trying…
Sticky’s Best Ever Soft Chocolate Chunk Pot Cookie Recipe
This is the first pot cookie I ever made using cannabutter. Each cookie has 1/4-cup of dough, which isn’t unusual for me or for bakery-style cookies. What is unusual is that I bake my cookies at 300ºF for about 22 to 24 minutes rather than the typical 350ºF oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Low and slow creates the chewy exterior and soft interior.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup room temperature butter. *minus the amount of coconut cannabis you use * See further instructions below
- 2 large eggs farm fresh eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- If using a mixer. Fit with the paddle attachment (or use a large mixing bowl and electric mixer) add the sugars and beat on medium speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and mix on medium-high speed to form a grainy paste, about 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. This is when you slowly incorporate the melted cannabutter. An important note about the butter: If you use 1tbsp cannabutter your batch will be about 180 mg of THC and you will use ¾ cup plus 3 tbsp of butter, or 1 cup minus 1 tbsp. room temperature salted butter, cut it into 1/2-inch cubes,(cut each stick into about 16 pieces; if using unsalted butter increase the salt listed below from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon).
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and beat on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute. You don’t want the sugar granules to start dissolving so don’t over-mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix with a wire whisk… slowly add this to the wet ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Now slowly add the dark chocolate and continue to mix about 30 seconds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a well oiled 1/4-cup or your hands, form approximately 6 equal-sized mounds of dough.
- Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 6 cookies per sheet).
I’m going to give this one a try this weekend!
I have lots of cannabutter left over.
We have been spreading it on toast and putting it in our coffee!
The lockdown has been such a drag, but Mark (my husband) and I have been trying out all the weed and edibles
We can’t wait to start cooking with cannabis
We’ve used a few of your hundred dollar ounces to make a big batch of cannabutter (but with coconut oil) and the quality of yours was actually 20 to 40 bucks cheaper than anything else we’ve ever gotten for that quality, so that’s really good
We cooked this recipe up yesterday. It was super easy to make. The result turned out great.
I had a whole cookie and Meaghan had half a cookie and we threw on The Office, laughed our Burt’s off and then had the best sleep ever
We still have cannabutter left for more recipes
I just tried to make these cookies and they turned out great. I think next time Ill make them with and without cannabutter so I can eat more!!